Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fashion Tastemaker and Dear Old Friend

Whats Lauren Santo Domingo's Favorite thing to do When Visiting Greenwich? 

(Read to the bottom and you'll find out... lots of love to NYC's Fashion Tastemaker and dear old friend...)

Lauren Santo Domingo

Fresh-off-the-runway fashion at Moda Operandi

Lauren Santo Domingo
Moda Operandi was dreamed up and executed in style by co-founders Aslaug Magnusdottir and Lauren Santo Domingo. Moda Operandi is a unique members only online luxury shopping experience that has received high marks and rave reviews from the fashion world. As soon as a fashion designer's clothes sashay off the runway, members can log in to Moda Operandi and scoop up those garments. You don't need to be Carrie Bradshaw to love this business model. In addition to being your own buyer—no more waiting to see what large retail buyers choose for their stores—members also enjoy perks like a personal shopping assistant and renowned stylists' recommendations.
In addition to being Moda Operandi's Creative Director, Lauren is also a New York City-based fashion stylist and Contributing Editor for VogueMagazine. We got a chance to chat with Lauren, an Old Greenwich, Connecticut native, about what makes her style clock tick.
Moda Operandi
Marc Jacobs Resort 2012
Favorite designers… Proenza Schouler, Erdem and Alexander Wang.

Personal style quirks
… I hate to have too many clothes! I prefer to have a few great things that I wear a lot, than a lot of things that I wear very little. Quality not quantity is my motto!

Favorite item of clothing… A Proenza Schouler blazer. Whatever else I have on underneath always looks amazing.

Your next must have purchase… An Alexander Wang clutch, Giambattista Valli pantsuit, and an Eddie Borgo cuff
Moda Operandi
Emanuel Ungaro Resort
Best fashion advice from your mother…  Don't wear florals when on a boat. Stripes are better.

Favorite spot to shop on the Avenue… Dighton Rhode has great brands and great selection

Heels or flats? I have loosened my "Heels Always" rule since having a baby.

Favorite piece of mom gear… I received a custom Proenza Schouler PS1 diaper bag from the designers, it's the chicest thing I own!

What talent would you most like to possess? An ear for language is something i would love to possess.

What is the one thing in life that you cannot live without? My iPhone!

Currently reading..  I am a big reader! House of Mirth by Edith Wharton; The Greater JourneyAmericans in Paris by David McCullough; Art Lover: A Biography on Peggy Guggenheim by Anton Gill.

What's on your iPod? New music; Ford & Lopatin, Best Coast & Peaking Lights
Moda Operandi
M'O Magazine
I spend my weekends… with my new baby! He is growing so fast I want to treasure every minute!

Favorite thing to do when visiting Greenwich
… I like to visit Abigail Fox Designs in Old Greenwich. She is a childhood friend with whom I share a passion for books and beautiful things! Her selection is fabulous! Then I would get some Garden Caterers to go, and have a picnic at one of my many favorite spots at Tod Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment