Sunday, May 15, 2011

brimfield may 2011: trends, observations & ... part three

As usual lots of vintage and antique dressers and furniture. I should have known better but am still kicking myself for "losing" the blue dresser above. You cant "think about it" at Brimfield, you just have to pull the trigger!! I am a sucker for everything orange and loved the Tray table above. I saw loads of vintage flash cards this trip and liked how these were made into greeting cards and hang tags. 
Signage of all shapes and sizes was out, I particularly liked this old screen door with the Bond Bread logo on it. Can you guess what the box with the mannequin head is? Its a peep show box, a penny a "peep".  Lots of animal heads...
This season I saw a lot of vintage circus themed items. I loved the iron tables above, they are made from vintage circus stakes (the white legs) and I loved the round iron detail in the middle that had a flower inside. These will be amazing with either a glass or mirror top made for them. Lots of Sterling and plated silver around. I love this antique Sterling Army/Navy trophy... I also loved it a month ago when I saw it sell at an auction... I am friends with the dealer who "won" it and it was a treat running into him at Brimfield!
Industrial displays were great and are always very inspirational for me. I loved all the old ribbon spools, and really loved the thread case with all the colors inside. I hope Sheriff T.W. (dodge) Ferguson isnt looking for his cards...


Stay tuned for our next bunch of photos from Brimfield and please share your thoughts and finds with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment