Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Morning Inspiration

My Monday morning did not get off to its usual start... for a few reasons.  Although I was able to get away on my little weekend getaway to visit some dear old friends I spent 1/2 the trip in bed with the flu, geez it sure is embarrassing and annoying to be a sick house guest! But all was not lost as we did get a full day to explore Pete's "Factory", check out Pittsburgh, catch up, laugh and plan some exciting design projects for the upcoming months! The trip was great despite the 24 hours I hopefully will soon forget. So this Monday, re-assured that the store is sailing along fine without me (WOW did Louise and Kelly have an awesome weekend while I was gone!! You guys are awesome!) I decided to stay home to rest, and make sure my 7 year bug has fully been kicked. Its sort of nice having a sick day to catch up on reading and resting around the house. Thank you Boo and Pat who are working in the shop today! Your the best.
So... while I get to catch up on my rest, I also get a chance to catch up on some favorite blogs and magazines. 
 I  loved the most recent blog post I read this morning on the blog habituallychic, by Heather Clawson... have you read it? if not take a look... (copy is from Habituallychic, except for my blurbs in green.)
Chic and Colorful and Art Filled

The calendar says spring but the temperature says winter. Makes me wish I had a conservatory like Alexis and Trevor Traina in San Francisco. Vogue featured the home in the December 2009 issue and just posted some party pics online today.  It was fun to see the dining room set for a chic lunch to celebrate the new Balenciaga exhibit at the de Young Museum and a visit from Hamish Bowles who curated it. The moss green pillows are a lot of fun, they remind me of chilled pea soup... which was served in little ramekins in the conservatory for the event!

The Trainas renovated the home and added the conservatory by Amdega. The furniture was designed by Ann Getty who collaborated on the interior design with the couple and interior designer Thomas Britt.

The dining room set for lunch.

I love the pop of pink stemware against all the green in the room.
The stemware is beautiful, as is the Flora Danica Fungi service porcelain from the 1790 pattern...
Perfect for Spring!

The chairs were designed by Ann Getty and Andrew Fisher designed the abalone topped tables.  The chandelier was found at Coleen & Company. I love the peacocks...stay tuned for an "inspiration" post in the work son Peacocks!

The entrance hall is perfect for tricycle riding.  The artwork is Studio Wall Drawing: 13th May 2004 by Keith Tyson.

Another Keith Tyson painting, History Painting (Baden-Baden, 1942) hangs in the entrance gallery.

Thomas Britt thought the red velvet by Sabina Fay Braxton would be the perfect backdrop for Trevor Traina's photography collection.  Queen Elizabeth II, 1999 is by Hiroshi Sugimoto.

Alexis and Trevor Traina with their children in the drawing room. For a minute I forgot the images are from DEc 2009, I was thinking whats with the Christmas Glockenspiel ?

Thomas Britt also designed the Lucite banister which adds a modern touch to the old house.  Hanging on the stairs is Walking Cake II by Laurie Simmons.  The artist's daughter Lena Dunham wrote, directed and starred in an independent filmTiny Furniture which is also worth checking out.  Hope this colorful home brightened your day!
Thanks for the Inspirational Post by Habituallychic!

Photos by Andi Hatch and Francois Halard

No comments:

Post a Comment